There was an interesting study released recently on the inhabitants of Paris, and I thought I’d share a few facts:
– 33% of the city is aged between 20 & 39 (vs a national average of 24%)
– There are 325,000 foreigners from 176 countries living here
– People marry more in Paris than elsewhere in France
– 18% of marriages are for people of the same sex (vs 3% elsewhere)
– The employment rate is slightly higher here – 77% vs 74%
– Only 10% of the intra-muros population (living inside the peripherique ring road) uses a car to get around.